Saturday 23 July 2011

Getting Grist

Homebrew. That awful concoction your dad had fermenting in the airing cupboard back in the seventies? I don't think so.   

Time has moved on. Using the same principles, ingredients and methods as the big breweries, it should come as no surprise that the new wave of homebrewers are producing beer as good, often better, than you get down the pub.

Without the restraining hand of an accountant, homebrewers can use the very best ingredients to produce some stunning beers, without compromise. 

This blog promises to record the highs and lows of my homebrewing exploits, along with some alcohol induced anecdotes along the way. All are welcome. We're going to get grist. 

4 comments:

  1. 'ere, i know you. You're that allotment bloke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, new blog. No more veg, just beer! And shouldn't you be nursing a hangover from yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a responsible dad and let Tom do all the drinking. I may have had a sparkling water or two and maybe a white wine spritzer but no beer passed my lips. You do believe me, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your "homebrew only" posts

    ReplyDelete