Sunday 9 August 2020

Brewday - 09/08/2020 - Lockdown Lager

The session hazy beer I brewed last month turned out rather well.  I'll post a review of the beer and the recipe soon. 

Today I'm brewing a lager. I'm a bit late to the party with summer on the wane, but hopefully September will be nice and I'll still be craving a pint of something cold, wet and refreshing.

As is the norm for me it's going to be a small beer, so I guess if it had to be shoehorned into a category, it'll be a light American Lager. The mash is already underway at 63c

So the recipe for this brew looks like this;


92% Pilsen malt 
4% Carahell
4% Aromatic malt

Mash for 55 mins @ 63c / 20 mins @ 67c 

80 minute boil with 10g Centennial for 60 minutes

Yeast will be Saflager W-34/70

I'm thinking of pitching @ 15c for a couple of days to ensure the yeast takes off then reducing to 12c for 2 weeks and then lagering as low as I can get for a further 2 weeks. 

I'll update on how things went in due course. Have a great brewday if you're brewing this weekend. 






No comments:

Post a Comment