Tuesday 21 March 2023

Still Learning

The Novalager beer was a bit of a disaster tbh. I screwed up the water treatment and ended up tipping it. I've re-brewed and it's currently in the FV with dry hops. I'll dump those in a few days and then get it in the keg and lager it for a few weeks. 

My next project is a low-alcohol beer. I do a banging pale ale with a hop combo that really hits the spot. As I like to sink a couple of beers in the evening during the week, I fancy doing a low alcohol beer, and using the same hop profile as this pale ale. 

It's going to be a bit hit and miss as the grain bill is less than the recommended minimum for the Grainfather G40 and I'm planning to use a yeast I've not used before, to keep attenuation as low as possible. 

The OG I'm targeting is 1.025 and if it finishes around 1.014 it'll make it about 1.4% abv. I did have a crack at this type of thing last year, but it wasn't quite what I was after. I've adjusted the malt bill slightly as the original was very pale and because it's such a small beer, that didn't help with the perception as it made it look 'thin' visually. Fingers crossed this will go well. I'll do a post on the brewday as soon as I've got a chance to get brewing - hopefully later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment