Thursday 23 March 2023

Low Flying Crow

The weather was too lousy to get any jobs done in the garden today, so I decided to brew the low abv beer I've been planning. If it's any good I'll detail the recipe in another post when I review the beer. 

A very small bag of malt was all that was needed, and despite reservations of how things would go in the G40 with a total malt bill of just 2.4kg, everything was fine.

I did a single step mash at 79c for an hour. It was a fairly thin mash and I throttled back the circulation and there were no issues with the recirculation. 

After sparging I took a refractometer reading as the wort was coming to the boil and it indicated a pre-boil gravity of 1.024.

As my expected OG was only 1.025, it looked likely I'd overshoot this by the time the boil was done, and that proved to be the case.

Once it was all done and dusted the OG was 1.028, so we'll see how it goes. 

In other news, the Novalager beer will be being kegged tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment