Sunday 16 April 2023

Homebrew Review - Low Flying Crow

It has to be said, this didn't turn out quite as anticipated, but the experiment was a success in that I got a low-alcohol beer that tastes relatively good. 

Starting gravity was 1.028 and final gravity was 1.020, making the ABV a tad over 1%. I was hoping for a FG of 1.016 making the beer more like 1.6% so I'll need to tweak the recipe. To be fair it doesn't need to be any drier, so aiming for a higher OG might be the answer. 

It's cold, clear, and has a lovely flavour from the hops, but it finishes very short in the mouth, with a dry aftertaste. 

I'm not easily pleased and while many might think this beer fine for what it is, I'll probably have another crack at this later in the year and change it up a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment